What questions should I ask my lawyer when making a Will?
A good estate planning lawyer should make you feel a peace of mind that your estate plan is thorough and ultimately benefits your loved ones in the future. You should feel comfortable communicating with your lawyer and feel confident they have your best interests at heart. At Estate First® Lawyers, our Wills lawyers in Melbourne take the time to address any of your concerns and understand what matters most to you. If you’re unsure of what questions to ask, here are some questions we recommend asking:
- What is the difference between a Will and a trust?
- Should I have a trust in my Will?
- What are the benefits of having a Will?
- What are the potential drawbacks of not having a Will?
- How can I ensure that my assets are distributed according to my wishes?
- What happens if I die without a Will?
- How can I ensure my Will is valid?
- Can I change my Will after it has been signed?
- What happens if I move to another state?
- How often should I review my Will?